Custom portraiture is an investment to document a time that not too long from now you will look back with fuzzy memories on the tiny, perfect little person you brought into the world. These images evoke the memories of when you met your sweet little miracle for the first time, before they began changing so quickly during those first few weeks. They will remind you of the milestones your little one met throughout their first year, their proud, beaming smiles as they independently begin sit up unassisted, to their first birthday cake smash celebration. A Dimple in Time is proud to be the only boutique Newborn, Baby and Maternity photography studio in Boulder and has captured this fleeting time for over 100+ newborn clients and their families.
Each family’s portraits begin with receiving a complimentary in-person pre-session consultation at the studio, where you are welcome to meet Tara, see the studio and view her ever growing prop collection that is used to customize and style each photography session. We will also discuss what to expect during your session once your baby arrives, any special family heirloom props or requests you would like to include, where and how you would like to display your images (wall art over the baby’s crib, lay flat coffee table albums, etc.) as well as what to wear during your session. Tara will guide you in your decision for how you see your images displayed 5, 10 or 20 years from now, once your little one has grown into an independent young adult.
A pre-session consultation is the best way to ensure a successful shoot once your little one arrives, and also gives Tara plenty of time to find that new special prop especially for your custom designed session.
The investment you make today will be treasured for generations to come
What is included?
Session fees include the following:
• A complimentary pre-session consultation described above, where you meet Tara, experience the warm and cozy studio environment, and view the available boutique print product options in-person at the studio;
• Customized and styled photography session at Boulder’s only boutique Newborn, Baby and Maternity photography studio (3-5 hour newborn session, or 60-75 minute baby milestone or maternity session);
• Access to Tara’s exclusive set of handmade photography props sourced from worldwide vendors;
• Inclusion of any special family heirlooms you would like to incorporate into your customized session;
• Family portraits and sibling photos (the baby with their new big brothers or sisters) are always highly encouraged and included as part of every session. Having a new baby in the family is a life changing event for everyone!
• Artistic, in-house hand editing of each image presented in your final gallery;
• Social media “sneak peeks” to share with your friends and family posted within 24 hours after your gallery reveal and ordering session;
• In-person gallery reveal and ordering appointment about two weeks after your session (10 images for maternity sessions, 20-25 for all other newborn and baby milestone sessions). All family decision makers are encouraged to attend!
The commission fee for newborn sessions is $300,
non-newborn milestone sessions are $200,
and first birthday cake smash sessions (including cake and decorations) are $250.
For a limited time, maternity sessions are available at a reduced rate of only $100 when added-on to newborn sessions to create a “Belly to Baby” package.
The commission fee secures your due date on Tara’s calendar.
There is no minimum purchase requirement.
An “a la carte” print product menu is available should you wish to create a personalized art collection, including prints, gallery wrapped canvases, lay flat albums, and custom framed artwork. Alternatively you may select one of the three pre-crafted
Heirloom Art Print Collections which begin at $700.
Most families invest an average of $1,200-$2,000 on custom art after their session.
Please be in touch for more details on session fees, print packages and heirloom art.
What happens after the session?
About two weeks after your session we will schedule an in-person gallery reveal and ordering appointment (10 images for maternity sessions, 20-25 for all other newborn and baby milestone sessions). You are invited to bring all parties involved in the decision making and purchasing process to the ordering session, including your partner, grandparents and your in-laws.
A Dimple in Time offers Heirloom Quality Prints and Custom Framed Wall Art
A Dimple in Time is proud to offer heirloom quality products, including lay flat albums, gallery wrapped canvases, as well as custom framed wall art using locally sourced reclaimed barn wood. All of the products offered are on display at the studio so you can see and experience the items during your pre-session consultation. Tara also uses advanced computer software to show you exactly what different sizes of wall art will look like in your home, so you can rest assure that you will choose the perfect size for the specific location where you wish to display your new art. Please be in touch for more information on exciting new print packages for 2015!
Are Digital files available?
A full album of digital files is gifted to each client upon purchasing the top print package. Alternatively they are also available as “add-ons” to the other print packages. Digital images are presented on a custom wooden USB, and include recommendations for pro-level printing labs to ensure your investment is beautifully displayed.
What else should I know?
Tara normally accepts only two due dates per week to remain flexible for early and later arrivals, so most clients book their sessions 3-5 months in advance in order to secure a spot on her calendar and to allow plenty of time for her to fully customize each session for every family. Newborn sessions are typically done within the first 4-14 days, except under extenuating circumstances such as extended NICU stays.
Please use the “Book a Session” form below to be in touch about reserving your due date, or to ask any further questions you may have!